The hair transplant is a permanent solution to restore the baldness. The procedure consists on removing the follicles from the donor area (back of the head) and replacing them in the recipient area (baldness area). The result differs from patient to patient. The Norwood scale and the donor area capacity are the main factors to consider on the hair transplant surgery. They are two methods of hair restoration: FUT (Follicular Unit Transplantation) & FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction). The FUE Hair Transplant is the newest and the innovative method.
What’s the FUE Hair Transplant?
Follicular Unit Extraction is referred to as FUE. The FUE hair transplant is non-invasive intervention. The surgery is done by removing the individual hair follicle one by one from back side of the head (called donor area encoded zone) and transplanting them one by one on the recipient area (zone affected by the hair loss). The FUE hair transplant is performed under local anesthesia.
The phases of the FUE hair transplant method:
- Extraction phase: The graft (hair follicle) is harvested from the donor area by using a micro-motor punch. The punch size will be defined according to the hair size (0,7-0,9mm). The grafts collected will be stored into a conservation solution. With the FUE method, we can obtain grafts with single hair and grafts with multiple hairs. This phase last 1h 30 mins to 2 hours.
- Incision phase: This phase consists on preparing the recipient area by making micro slits incisions. The channels are opened according to the size of the hair follicle. In other hand the direction of the growth of the existing hairs. The incisions are very important for a natural appearance result.
- Implantation phase: the harvested grafts will be placed into the incisions one by one. Each hair follicle will be inserted gently since the grafts is very sensitive. The single hair follicles are implanted on the hairline and temples. The multiple hair follicles are implanted on the mid-scalp and crown. This will occur a natural result. The transplanted grafts are permanent.
Sapphire FUE Technique:
Sapphire Technique is the last technique for the FUE method. The incisions made by the Sapphire blade are slenders. This technique adavantages are no scars and no skin reaction.
Am I condidate for the FUE hair transplant?
A good candidate for the hair transplant is defined according to different factors:
- The age of the patient
- the hair loss type and cause
- The baldness scale: the hair loss level.
- The donor area Capacity
- The health statue of the patient
How many grafts do I need?
With the FUE method, we can transplant up to 4000 grafts per session. The grafts estimation for a full coverage with a good density depends about the baldness level and the capacity of the donor area. The hair type is also a factor to estimate the grafts number.
How much does cost the hair transplant in Turkey?
The hair transplant rate is affordable in turkey comparing to other countries. Check the hair transplant packages prices.